Sooo It has been weeks since I posted and some of my friends have been calling me out ( I really didn't know anyone read my blog). Here are 5 things that have been going on with the Hassells.
1. Jay has been traveling a ton but has been home this week. It has been great having him here and having him work/study from the house. When he has been gone I have tried to stay very busy hanging out with new/old friends, spending time with my young life girls, attending all functions, shopping ( jay's not here, si I want get in trouble ), helping my friends and jenny out with their kids, and even exercising. Jay will be leaving again on sunday and will be gone for several weeks but is planning to be home on the weekends at least.
2. Smitten got into Mistletoe!!! We are so excited but have alot of work ahead of us. We feel so honored to be accepted on our first attempt. Thank you to everyone in the Junior League for this great opportunity. Mark the dates on your calendar it kicks off Nov. 4 ( my 3 year anniversary!!!! happy anniversary Jay you will be working the Smitten booth at the preview party!).
3. My sister, Lori, graduated from Miss State at the beginning of May ( I still feel like she should be in 9th grade ). She graduated with high honors ( unlike her sister). She has been accepted into the speech pathology program in memphis (the 12th best program in the country ). She has received a scholorship and a GA position. ( like I said obviously way smarter ). I am sooo proud of her. I feel that this is her calling and it is the perfect career path for her.
4. I got a new phone on Monday which has made jay, my parents, lauren and rebecca's day. My old phone that I have had for 2 years had a battery life of about 12 minutes and then it would start beeping and it drove them crazy ( it did it every hour of the day so I was used to it but then the screen broke so it was time). I really hate getting new phones b/c it takes me about 2 years to learn how to work them. So if I don't text you back its not because I am being rude its b/c I don't know how to use my new phone. I only get the free phones that are offered and I thought this one was similiar to my old one. Well its not. ( supposedly this one is really cute according to Lauren but I miss the one that beeped every second of the day ).
5. This past weekend we had a deck builted off our patio and this weekend we our getting our back porch screened in. We are excited about fixing up our backyard and expanding our outdoor entertaining area. I will post pictures when it is completed this weekend.